Term of the Scholarships:
The home university must permit its students to spend one whole semester in the programme, but not more than 4 months, at Chulalongkorn University.
Provisions of the Scholarships:
The scholarships will cover the following:
1. An economy class, round-trip ticket, as actually paid. It should also be noted that
- For students from ASEAN, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht;
- For students from Asian countries, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht;
- For students from Europe, Australia and New Zealand as well as Africa, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 20,000 Baht;
- For students from North and South America, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 30,000 Baht.
- Students are required to pay for their tickets and this amount will be reimbursed upon their arrival at Chulalongkorn University.
2. Tuition fees (Fees/special fees charged by the Faculty or the Programme of the student choice are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the Faculty/Programme is needed).
3. A monthly stipend and accommodation in the amount of 16,000 Baht.
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Applicants must be undergraduate students who are studying for a Bachelor’s degree, or graduate students in the Master’s degree/Doctoral degree programmes, faculty members, researchers or academic staff.
- Once having been granted with the scholarships, the applicants are required to enroll, at Chulalongkorn University, for 12 credits for the undergraduates and 6 credits for the graduates. The subjects the applicants enroll on should correspond to their Major or Minor.
- Applicants must have a good command of English.
- Applicants must be in good health.
For further information about all programmes offered by Chulalongkorn University, please visit http://www.academic.chula.ac.th/search/search.asp
For all international programmes, please visit http://www.inter.chula.ac.th/inter/internationalstudents/InterProgramList.html
Documents Required for Application:
- A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached,
- A nomination letter from the home institution,
- An official academic transcript, issued by the institution the applicant is currently attending),
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport,
Application Procedures and Period:
- Applicants must send the completed application form and relevant documents directly to the Faculty/Programme of their choice.
- Applicants must be screened and accepted by the Faculty/Programme of their choice before their names are forwarded the Office of Academic Affairs, Chulalongkorn University. All relevant application documents which have been screened by the Faculty/Programme must arrive at the Office of Academic Affairs no later than October 31, 2019.
The Office of Academic Affairs will not accept direct applications from applicants.
It should be noted that each Faculty/Programme sets its own application deadline and selection schedule of the applicants. Applicants should send their application form and relevant documents to the Faculty/Program of their choice at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline set by the University’s Office of Academic Affairs.
- The application form for “The One- Semester Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN Countries” can be downloaded from: www.academic.chula.ac.th